There are many office cleaning companies out there that offer their services to the wide public. However, many of them haven’t indeed adopted a flexible approach and instead treat offices on the principle of one-size-fits-all.
No two offices are alike. What needs you have to keep your work space clean and tidy may be utterly different from what another office requires. That is why going through a daily cleaning list with your commercial cleaning company is so important. It is the only way to ensure the place is getting the cleaning focus it deserves to keep staff happy and work conditions sanitary.
Here is a sample list of tasks to give to the cleaners:
- Floor cleaning – various debris accumulate on the carpet every single day. There are also high traffic areas that see a lot of people treading dust and dirt into the carpet pile. Naturally, the only way to address this is to vacuum such areas on a daily basis. It is not just carpet cleaning that should be addressed. Hard floor and tiled areas must be mopped with a disinfectant solution.
- Clean glass areas – an office may have many glass areas, which should be cleaned on a daily basis. What is the purpose of having glass areas that are dirty and have fingerprints all over them? Your cleaners should be wiping down spoiled glass areas on a daily base.
- Empty waste bins – waste bins should be emptied on a daily basis, especially the containers that are in the kitchen. You don’t want to have lingering smells there, do you? Have the cleaners address this chore every single day and wash the bins/change the liners when necessary. This should be an essential part of your office cleaning.
- Wipe down baseboards, light switches and door handles – these are areas and items of the office that see daily use by staff. As such, it is a good idea to have them cleaned on a daily basis. Let the cleaners use disinfectant on the said areas and items to ensure no spreading of germs and bacteria.
- Walls and painted surfaces – walls and painted surfaces may accumulate a great deal of dust on a daily basis. That is why your cleaners should be informed to clean those areas daily, or at least every other day to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Load and unload the dishwasher – many offices nowadays have a dishwasher. The cleaners should dump it when full, or run the program if there are enough empty dishes to fill it. Make a point to include soap dispensers refill on the list, while you are it.
- Sanitise basins and toilets – these are areas that tend to accumulate a lot of bacteria and germs. Your office cleaners should be able to sanitise said areas on a daily basis and make sure the washroom is in presentable condition.
These are typical office cleaning tasks that you should discuss with the cleaning company you hire. Only by having those crossed off from the list can you hope to have a clean environment at work.