Keeping your office clean and organised at all times is quite important. Long gone are the times that such a job was viewed only as a way to impress visitors and clients of the company. Nowadays people know that office cleaning entails employee health and well-being more than anything.
A clean office is required for people working there to feel good and productive. It is a good place to start in terms of reducing sick leaves and the risk of workplace-related injuries.
Taking action goes a long way for these reasons:
- Clean and dry floors prevent falls and slips – the one factor that contributes the most to less slips and falls at the office is keeping the floor clean and dry at all times. Floor cleaning company uses different floor cleaners that can achieve this and it is important to choose one that is best suited for the particular type of floor you have in your building. For example, alkaline cleaners do a good job for restaurant floors, while acidic cleaners are fit to battle rust, scale and oxides. It is also important to pick products that contain no dangerous ingredients. Utilising floor mats to remove moisture and ‘wet floor’ signs can help with reducing the risk of falling and slipping.
- Disinfectants prevent illness and germ spreading – germs can spread through the office like wildfire, most notably through flu season. What helps is disinfecting surfaces with the appropriate solutions to kill germs on the spot. That is how office staff will be healthier.
- Air filtration removes hazardous substances – a way for employees to reside within an unsafe environment is to leave vapours and dust float around in the air. Proper ventilation is perhaps the most important for ensuring good air quality in the office. Both the health and productivity of workers will be guaranteed that way. Another thing is utilising vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters. They capture the fine particles released in the cleaning process and thus purify the air. Lastly, healthy air humidity levels range from 30 to 50 percent. Any deviation from that should be corrected with a dehumidifier.
- Clean light fixtures – maintaining proper light levels is important for eye health and for productivity. If this condition is not met, employees are at risk. One thing that can significantly improve this aspect of the workplace is properly cleaning light fixtures. Well-lit areas can also prevent accidents and contribute to a safer work environment.
- Proper disposal of waste is an eco-friendly practice – if trash and clutter start piling up in the office, productivity will wane. It is a good idea to implement recycling policies and ensure that trash is disposed of in that manner. It is not only eco-friendly but also ensures that the work environment is kept in presentable state at all times.
Providing a safe and clean office environment should be a top priority for every office and office building out there. It is the only way to guarantee employee health and productivity.