If you work in an office and spend 8 hours a day there, you better take the necessary steps to create a more pleasant environment. After all, a better office means better wellbeing at work and a better end result of your efforts. So how do you achieve this?
Following are a few proven ways that ought to make your office a much better place:
- Work on your relationship with coworkers – there is nothing worse than being on edge with certain coworkers around. This is bad not only because you will achieve less in regards to work with them, but also because such constant strain is a source of stress, which you’d much rather avoid. The key to good relations with your coworkers is communication. How you interact with other people you work will set the foundations of your relationship on the job. Be kind and understanding to others and openly communicate any issues before they develop into big problems.
- Work on cleanliness – when it comes to office cleanliness, there are no two ways about it: you need to make sure that your workplace is clean and sanitary. Not only is this a sure way to stay healthy, but also speaks well about you as a person. It is easy to do routine wipes of your desk with a damp cloth or antibacterial wipes. You should also see to it that you clean your mouse and keyboard, as these two are known to be a breeding ground for all sort of harmful bacteria.
- Reduce clutter – according to many experts, surrounding yourself with clutter is a sure way to increase stress and reduce your effectiveness at work. Paper is a major culprit in that sense. You need to get into the habit of printing out as little as possible and storing information in digital form. Also, invest in enough organisers so that you don’t end up with piles of paper on your desk. Other than that, make sure you don’t overcrowd your desktop with other unnecessary items. Having enough storage solutions and using them smart helps a great deal with this.
- Get a few indoor plants – indoor plants in your workplace are great to have. Not only do they purify the air, but also add some much needed green ambience. There are plenty of plants to pick from – brightly coloured and more traditional looking ones as well.
- Improve your comfort – many factors play a big role in your comfort at work and some of them you can influence. For instance, you can get yourself a nice chair and peripheral devices so that you feel ok when you are working. Make sure you get enough light in your workspace too, as that is another important factor that contributes to your wellbeing.
Evidently, there is much that you can do to make your workspace feel more comfortable. There is no doubt that you will then be able to achieve more and feel better at work.